ShareThis

8/28/06

All I Really Want Is To Be Happy And To Find A Love That’s Mine…It Would Be So Sweet!

Wow, what a week! I’ve been struggling with sleeping for the last 2 to 3 weeks now. I average about 2 or 3 hours a night and it’s starting to drive me crazy. Good news is I’m starting to feel more like myself now. I think I’ve healed from the cough and all that I had.

This was supposed to be a summary of the week but there are only 2 major events to really write about:

Aug 22/06 – Mary J. Blige Concert: Truly one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Her set up was very simple, just her and her band…no dancers, no elaborate stage presentations…just a few strategically planned fireworks and screens at the back. That’s all she needed. Her voice was flawless and her 5 or 6 outfit changes were hot! When she spoke, you had no choice but to hang on to her every word. When she sang, you just knew that it came from way deep down in her soul. She made you feel like you were the only person that she was speaking/singing to. It brought me to back in the day listening and singing to all the songs when I was in high school. I was especially was happy when she sang one of my favorite songs Be Happy…which are the lyrics I posted as the title of this entry. It was amazing and money very well spent!

Aug 26/06 – Big L’s House Party: After a year of settling in, renovations and getting things just where she wanted it, Linh had her housewarming party. I just wanted all to go well for her because she had been so stressed the last little while. I am very pleased to report that with a few minor setbacks, it was a success! It was so good to see her happy. She really deserves it. The afternoon/evening was filled with good company, food and music with tons of laughter intertwined. We did take pictures so I may post them at a later date. Congratulations, Big L! I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks to you & your mom for having us. Your house is as beautiful as the people that live in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP