ShareThis

8/21/06

Blah, blah, blah....

I’ve had a rough few weeks. I’ve been sick off and on since the end of July and I am totally frustrated with it. People say it’s stress or perhaps I’m not taking care of myself but I haven’t been doing anything out of the ordinary. My mom and I shared a laugh because she said that she can’t even blame it on me going out partying too much because the truth is, I haven’t been ‘going out’ much at all! Right now, I’m hopefully at the tail end of a chest and sinus infection. I’m still coughing like there’s no tomorrow but I feel about 70% better.

Just wanted to spit out some random thoughts:

1. Is it possible for a marriage that has lasted for years and years to break up? I’m not talking 10 years, even though that is a long time nowadays. I’m talking more like 20 to even 40 plus years…couples who you think are invincible. The answer is yes. I’ve seen situations at work where couples wait until their children are grown then they separate, even divorce. Without going to details, people who really know me know that I almost saw it first hand last week. I was petrified.

2. Why is it that as you get older it’s so much harder to find that bonafide love one hopes for? Is it because you have higher expectations? You want more? Or is it really that all the ‘good ones’ are gone?

3. Is there no meaningful music out there? For the last long while, I find myself listening to a lot of music that I used to listen to back in the day. I’ve touched on this subject before. There are only a few artists that I look out for but for now, nothing really intrigues me. Is that a sign that I’m easing into my 30s? LoL!

4. Dating can be such a pain in the ass! I hate that awkward ‘getting to know you’ phase. The beginning stages of thinking, ‘should I call or would I look too eager?’ or fears of looking too needy or clingy. Some may say that’s a fun time but I just wish there was a way to just to be immediately comfortable with someone. No, I’m not talking comfort as in burping or farting in front of them! LoL! Just comfortable. Perhaps this is just my shyness talking, who knows.

I guess that’s it for now. I’ve got some things to look forward to in the next few weeks. Linh and I are going to see Mary J. Blige tomorrow and I am HYPE! Also, Big L’s gonna have her housewarming this coming weekend. She’s been busting her ass to get everything in order and I’m sure it’s gonna pay off in the end. I’m so excited for her. Darien Brockington (my boy, the singer that I was hyping up 2 entries ago) told me that he will be at the Urban Music Festival held at the Canadian National Exhibition with Little Brother on the September 2nd. I can’t wait to see him! Let’s hope my health holds up! Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP