ShareThis

10/25/07

Caught Up

Wow, I haven’t written in a while! So much has been going on and lately, I haven’t been feeling the greatest. I’ve been dealing with wisdom tooth pain since September and had surgery October 10th. It didn’t go very smoothly either. My dentist couldn’t see the tooth so he actually had to cut open my gum line and when he finally got to it, he had quite a hard time trying to remove it! Eventually, he had to drill it out and I was only on local anesthetic so I was awake for the whole thing. I’m telling you it was traumatic! I was on heavy pain meds for over a week and to this day, I’m still in pain. My jaw is pretty sore and I’m on Tylenol 3 for it.

Lots of stuff has happened so I’ll try to give a brief summary of what’s been going on:

My trip to Philly with Tracey was awesome and the Darien/Little Brother show was great! I’m working on updating my website so I’ll have details on all that there…that’s why I’m not posting details or pics now.

Our car died and we got a new one which I love! We got a 2004 Honda Civic. It’s a lot smaller than the Intrepid that we had. It’s so much easier to drive and it’s great on gas. For me, I love the fact that I don’t look like I’m driving the family car anymore!

I’ve been working on totally revamping my website. It’s about 60-70% done. I’ve got sections for my travels and events I still have to work on. I’ll be sure to make an announcement here when I’m finally done!

I went to my cousin’s wedding. I had mixed feeling about this wedding. I’m so happy for Mike and his wife because they truly are in love. Mike and I grew up like a brother and sister. On the other hand, I was apprehensive because I’d be seeing a lot of folks that I went to elementary school with and probably haven’t seen since then. I found out at the wedding shower that seeing some of these folks made me revert to how I was back in grade school. I was very introverted, low self esteem...etc…mostly because I was teased a lot then. The wedding was beautiful but I was so nauseated when it came time to leave for the reception that I got sick before we left to go. I kept to myself a lot and was in hiding most of the time. There were 2 people that were really happy to see me which made me feel a little better about everything.

I also went to my boss’s daughter’s wedding and it was beautiful. I ended up taking my sister with me and we had a great time. We’ve never been to an authentic Chinese wedding before so I ate some stuff that I’ve never had before. Most of it was fine except for the bird’s nest soup. I don’t want to go into details about it cuz I’ll start getting queasy but I tried it and probably will never have it again!

Little Brother and Darien just left Toronto a few days ago. They were here for a show on Tuesday. I had Trace, Amanda and my cousin, Jojo with me. It was an amazing night! I’m glad I really got to spend time with Darien this time around. We really got a chance to just joke around and talk. I had gotten my cousin, Mike to do some custom artwork of Darien for me. I framed it and gave it to D as a late birthday gift and he loved it! I have a copy of it too so I got him to sign it. D also talked to me about some business things that he wanted my help with and I was totally honored. He even entered his number in my phone so we can keep in touch. I can’t talk too much about it but it’s pretty big and I was totally floored that he asked me to help. I know I’ve done stuff before like get him radio play here and there, tried making moves to get a show out here just for him, starting the facebook group which has gone well beyond my expectations and just spreading the word about his music. The difference between that and now is that I did all those things on my own accord. I’m really looking forward to it but nervous as well because I don’t wanna let him down. I have a belief in myself that I can do it. It was just a lot to take in, I suppose…I don’t know how else to explain it.






Seeing Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh of Little Brother again was pretty great too. I was sooo touched that they remembered me by name especially Pooh because when I met him in Charlotte I didn’t really get to talk to him or even get a picture. I guess him being my facebook friend, helped even though we’ve really never corresponded with each other. When I went up to him and said hi, I was floored when he smiled and said, “Vee, right?”




Phonte was a different story! He saw me across the way and he put his arms up in the air and yelled out my name! LOL! He’s hilarious!






The other rapper that’s touring with them is Evidence. He’s part of a group I like called Dilated People but he’s on tour promoting his solo album. He was a great guy too. We met him after the show because Manda really liked him so I went up to him for her. We spoke and took some pics. Then later before we went back to my car, Evidence ran over to take pictures with Manda and I while we were posing in front of the LB tour bus. He was a joker.








I posted some of the pics here but I’m working on a section of my website for it too because I have too many pics and vids.

All the fellas were really down to earth. I got to speak with LB’s manager, Big Dho and Will, their tour manager briefly. I also met their DJ, Flash who was very sweet and actually went to get Darien for me when I couldn’t find him before the show. It was definitely a night to remember besides a brief moment of shyness I went through in the beginning because I didn’t have the nerve to approach anyone when I was trying to find Darien. I’m also glad that Jojo and Manda had as great a time as I did!

PHEW! There it is! All caught up. This should teach me a lesson to blog more often….

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP