ShareThis

4/23/09

Updates Updates Updates!!!!

Yeah, ok, spank me now…I haven’t blogged since I took my trip to Chicago and that was the end of January!! Things have been quite stressful and busy at this point. We had a death in the family in February (RIP Tita Lit), mom’s has gone through radiation treatments (she’s finished now and went thru some tough side effects. At the end of this month, she’ll be going thru tests to see if it’s worked and the docs will decide whether she’ll have chemo.) and work has been crazy busy. I just came back from a great vacation in North Carolina (look out for a big ass blog later) but I wanted to blog about my friends/artists because some things have been going on for them and I haven’t posted about them for awhile. (Don't forget to pause the MP3 player on the top right of your screen before you watch the following!!)

First up are Daru & Rena, the wonderful brother/sister duo that I’ve mentioned previously on here. Daru is a drummer/producer who has played with/for the likes of Slum Village, ?uestlove of The Roots, Black Milk and Talib Kweli. Rena is a singer with a beautifully angelic voice. Together, they released the Luv EP which is available on iTunes. They released a music video for the single, “iLuvYou” and you can check it below:


Last but not least is one of my favorite people in the world, Darien Brockington. If you visit here on the regular, I need not to explain how much love I have for this man! For those who don’t know who D-Brock is…He is THE definition of an R&B singer. With the sound of his sultry voice, good looks or undeniable stage presence, he is a force to be reckoned with! He’s been touring with The Foreign Exchange which consists of Phonte of Little Brother and Nicolay, an amazingly talent producer originally from The Netherlands now residing in North Carolina. They released their second album, Leave It All Behind, late last year and it’s been called the best album in 2008 by a few music bloggers. Foreign Exchange just released their second video from the album for Take Off The Blues which features Darien. This is his 1st music video and he couldn’t be happier! I am so proud to call these people my friends! Watch the video plus a little intro from D himself, here:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:20 AM

    why thank you lady. i do appreciate that. DBROCK!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP