ShareThis

7/10/09

Writing, Writing & More Writing/Updates

As you can see, I’ve been trying to keep on top of things lately. I’m now caught up with the blog and plan to post more regularly. I was also requested by Darien to create his Wikipedia profile which I just finished last week and I’m actually quite proud of it. I didn’t have any clue how difficult it would be to do it. The write up itself wasn’t difficult. The list of his collaborations took quite a bit of time simply because Darien’s done so much work and to list everything done with all the correct info was a challenge. I think the most trouble I had was actually putting it up. I thought it would be a simple cut and paste deal which would’ve have made things so much easier since I created a table for his collaboration list. Wikipedia uses a design language that I’m not familiar with and they basically just give you a blank page to create. It took a bunch of research to see how to implement certain things, plus I had to input all the data. The other thing was posting a photo. I have access to a bunch of professional photos but I needed certain permission/licenses to post a picture. They also require the name of the person who took the photo etc. It was such a pain! I decided to use one of my own concert shots to get around it. It was driving me up the wall but it’s all done! I’m so proud of it and received praise by Darien and everyone else who knew I was working on it. Wanna see the fruits of my labor? Click here
I also noticed that I haven’t written much of what’s been going on with me. My birthday came and went with no major events. I was still recovering from being sick for most of the month of May. June was fairly uneventful except for the Foreign Exchange show in Toronto which I already reported on here.
We got some good news about my parents. Papa’s cancer treatments are complete! He had been going back every 3 months for treatments for 3 years and recently finished. He now only has to follow up with his oncologist every 6 months. Mom went thru radiation treatments and her most recent tests showed that the cancer is responding to the treatments. The tumor has shrunk in size and the doctors felt there was no need to send her for chemotherapy! She will continue following up to make sure that it continues to respond. I can’t thank everyone enough for their support and prayers. Mom’s not totally clear of health problems but she’s doing okay considering. Now if I could just get her to have better control of her diabetes…
For the last month or so, I’ve become a bit of a hermit. Well, maybe not quite a hermit because I go out here and there. I guess the best way to put it is I’ve been quite anti-social. Not really wanting to go anywhere or do anything if it involves me being in a group of people etc. No clubs, parties or anything of the sort. I just don’t feel like I’d be good company and just stick to my fam which includes my cousin Jojo and of course, Amanda. Prior to this, I wanted to go out, party etc but the problem then was that I had no one to really go with. Perhaps, I’m just giving in to it? Who knows…all I do know is that I haven’t really been feeling myself lately. I’m in the midst of trying to plan 2 trips: 1 next month and 1 in October. We’ll see how that works. I hope I snap out of this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP