Okay so I yet again disappeared from the blog and for that I apologize. So much crap went on in the month of August that if I actually wrote all about it, you’d think I’m making it up! A quick summary of it all:
- Emergencies at work where in one situation, we actually had to call the cops! A patient actually lunged at me and managed to grab my shirt!
- Trouble with my Blackberry then no home phone, cable and internet service at home for 4 days. Needless to say, I’ve been utterly pissed with Rogers!
- I was also really upset because of a situation that included someone using me to get to Darien, claiming he was a friend of mine when he’s only an acquaintance at best! Just thinking about it still makes me upset but unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do. It seems like the dude may fall on his face anyway so I suppose it doesn’t really matter…only time will tell.
- In my years of driving, I had never ever been pulled over by police. Believe it or not, in one weekend, I got stopped twice, two days in a row and got two tickets as well. I won’t go into details but no, it wasn’t for speeding. The other thing that killed me is that one of the times I was on my street! In fact, I could see my building from where I was pulled over! I’m fighting both tickets and I’m confident that they’ll be resolved.
- There seems to be a lot of people I know passing away lately. There are also a few friends that are terribly ill and won’t recover. We’ve had a death in the family very recently. I’ve also lost a patient who I was very close to and I’m having a hard time dealing with that too. Right now, there are 3 patients who I’m close to as well that are in the last stages of cancer. I try not to be sad but I can’t help but break down sometimes. I wish there was a way for people not to suffer.