ShareThis

12/4/13

Musical Weekend (Part One): Mayer Hawthorne (Catch Up Post #5)


The weekend I went to Wahlburgers was a busy one. A dear friend from Detroit, Kristopher Lamont came to town to spend time with myself & my girl Ann Marie/SoulAfrodisiac and check out a couple of shows.

First up was Mayer Hawthorne. I’m a fairly new fan of his. I heard a song of his while I was in North Carolina at a Cookout in August and liked it. Shortly after I got home from vacation, I got his album ‘Where Does This Door Go?’ and fell in love with it! Then I found out that he had a show the same weekend that Kris was visiting.

The show took place on a Friday night at The Danforth Music Hall and we were treated to an amazing show! Mayer Hawthorne is a pretty awesome performer and he kept the crowd’s energy up.
I only took a few pics and tiny bit of video that I will post here. Mayer also loves to take pictures with the crowd while onstage and posts them on his Instagram account.





(Friendly Reminder: Don't forget to pause on the mp3 player on the bottom left before pressing play!)





After the show, I shocked myself by having the guts to approach him while he was by his tour bus. I actually spoke to him and we took a picture together. Mayer was very nice and funny. He joked around and spoke a little French when Ann Marie, who is originally from Montreal, asked him about his show the previous night there.


Mayer Hawthorne is going on a North American tour next year. If he comes to your city, I definitely recommend that you go! You can find his tour dates on his website by clicking here.

All in all, Kris, Ann Marie and I had a much needed amazingly fun night out.

1 comment:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP