ShareThis

2/23/08

Just keeping in touch! :)

Wow, there I go disappearing again. Honestly, I haven’t had much to write about lately. I’ve been going through a bad case of writer’s block for about a month now and it’s driving me crazy. My creative mind is totally in a slump and it’s pissing me off! I haven’t written in my novels or any poetry in a while. I even had plans to work on sections of my website and haven’t touched that either! I just had a 4 day weekend and I could’ve used it to work on it but I just sat there staring at my computer or playing mindless video games on the net! LoL!

I am looking forward to a few things though so at least I have something to report! This weekend I’m taking a little road trip to London, Ontario with my cousin, Jojo. She’s a huge fan of Linkin Park and for some reason they’re not coming to Toronto so we’re going to London. It’ll be interesting because I’ve never been there before and this is the first road trip I’m taking where I’m the only driver. We decided to spend the night out there too. I’m excited to get away even if it is only approx 2 hours away from home. Last week, Linh, Jojo and I got our tickets to go see Mary J. Blige and Jay-Z! I’m REALLY excited to see this show and it’ll be fun to go with the 2 of them. I also found out that Kanye West is coming just before my birthday and the 3 of us are planning to get tickets for that as soon they go on sale! Looks like this will be another year of concerts! The amount of shows I’ve seen in the last 2 -3 years is ridiculous but I love it!

I’m just keeping afloat at work and somewhat managing okay although sometimes I feel like I’m drowning. I’ve been without a part timer for a little more than a month now and I’m forever chasing my tail. I know I’m stressed because I’m constantly burnt out and getting migraines on a regular basis. I’m hanging in there and my boss tries to help when he can which is good but still…..*sigh*

There’s another thing I’m looking forward to but trying not to get my hopes up so I won’t get disappointed in case it doesn’t work out. Not long ago, one of my friends who’s a DJ that puts on shows from time to time expressed interest in bringing Darien up to Toronto in the spring for a show. If this really happens, I’ll be the happiest woman! Speaking of Darien, he’s in Europe right now on tour with Little Brother for a month. Back in January, some crazy stuff involving me and D happened and I was a huge part in helping him out. I can’t go into too much detail about it but I will say this: The music business is some crazy shit and the internet makes the world small. It makes people in different cities and countries seem like they are right next door to you. You never know who you’re talking to and what kind of connects they have. If you claim you’re an artist, make sure you know what you’re doing and come correct. When you’re using tracks, make sure everyone that’s involved knows what you’re doing before you start sharing it with people or face the consequences…it’s as simple as that!

1 comment:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP