ShareThis

3/3/08

And The Block Goes On....

My creative/writer’s block is still going pretty strong so I’m resulting to blogs to see if it’ll get me out of it!! I’ve been in an okay but very chill mode lately. Things are decent for me right now and I’m content which is a little different because normally I’m worried about something or stressing myself over something else.

My road trip last weekend was fun! As I mentioned in my previous post, my cousin, Jojo and I planned to go to London, Ontario to see Linkin Park. First of all, I absolutely LOVED the rental car we got…so much that Jojo and I were calling him (yes, him! LOL) my Boyfriend…with a capital B! It was a black 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid and he was just like how I love my men: smooth, dark and sexy! LMAO! It had leather seats, seat warmers and because my Boyfriend is a hybrid, all you have to do is press a button to start the car! Mapquest claimed that the trek to London from my place would take 2 hours and 8 minutes. We had a laugh at the 8 minutes part but whatever! It took us a little over and hour! My Boyfriend drove really fast! Yeah, I said it…my Boyfriend was driving fast! Honestly though, I really didn’t speed that much. Anyway, we checked into our hotel which was right off the highway and chilled out before grabbing dinner. We ended up at Boston Pizza. It wasn’t our first choice but Jack Astor’s had a 45 minute wait while Boston Pizza had a 20 minute wait. While waiting, I thought to ask for a menu so I can look through it and when I did, the hostess looked at us and said, “Would you like a kid’s menu as well?” I quickly said no thanks and went to sit down. We just cracked up and my cousin just stood there, shaking her head. See for those of you who don’t know, my cousin and I were born 5 months apart but she’s barely 4 feet 11 tall! Things like this have happened to us before…one time, when she and I went to a Raptors game. I have bad knees so we took the elevator and the attendant looked at us and said, “Oh how nice, you’re taking your daughter to the basketball game!” LOL! Dinner was great and we arrived at the concert in good timing. We didn’t care about the opening acts and got there towards the end of the 2nd act’s performance. We had an awesome time! I sat for most of the show not only because of my knees but I’m always conscious of blocking someone’s view because of my height. Ever since, Linkin Park has been in heavy rotation in my car and my mp3 player. They put on a great show and that concert was probably one of the best I’ve gone to!

I’ve got 2 more concerts to look forward to and I’m excited about them even thought they’re a little ways from now. I’m going with Jojo and my girl, Boogi to see Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige on the 2nd of April and just before my birthday, we’re going to see Kanye on May 21st! This weekend I’m going to a party that features 9th Wonder who’s a Grammy award winning producer. I first learned about 9th when he was a part of Little Brother. I actually met him a year ago when I was in Charlotte, North Carolina and he was a really cool person so I hope to get to meet him again!

Speaking of Charlotte, I cannot believe it’s been a year since I was there. Time goes by so quickly and I miss Nancy and her daughter, Renae terribly. Nan has been going through some rough times lately and I so wish that I can be there for her. I miss Darien too but I saw him more recently than Nancy. I kinda got used to talking to him on a regular basis but he’s in Europe at the moment so we haven’t spoken for awhile. From the looks of it and the reports I’ve heard from people and various youtube clips of the shows, the tour’s going well…not that I expected any different from him, Phonte and Pooh.

As far as all the music stuff, I’ve been laying low lately. Mostly because of the writer’s block but some of the people I’m involved with have also been quiet lately too. I have to get to it again soon though. Daru and Reggie have some show dates coming up and I still have to look into things for Darien so I gotta get a move on things!

I beg of all of you who read this: Please pray for my speedy recovery from this writer’s block before I go insane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP