ShareThis

9/16/08

Out Of The Blue

I’ve been going through a rough time the last little while but I believe I’m at the tail end of it. That’s not the reason for this entry though.

Last Friday night, I had a dream about someone who I haven’t thought of for some time. He went out of my life with no reason…that I know of, anyway. I haven’t seen or heard from him in over 2 years now. Last I heard from him was when he called, leaving a message to say that he was going to make it to a get together that I was planning. For a little while after that, I wondered what happened, if I had done anything wrong but couldn’t think of one thing. Eventually, I stopped trying to reach him and I got over it…as I mentioned that was over 2 years ago.

Out of the blue, I dream about him. I dreamt that I was woken up by my cell with a call from him! He apologized for shutting me out and asked if we could be friends again. His reason was that our friendship was getting a little too ‘weird’ for him. When I asked what he meant, he said that it almost felt like we were a couple but we weren’t. I admitted to him that I did have feelings for him but never pursued them and never thought that we were a couple. I told him that had considered him one of my closest friends and that was it. He said he felt that he got really close to my family and worried that they thought we were dating, feeling uncomfortable about that. While we were close, my mom had cracked her hip and was in the hospital for over 2 weeks. During that time, he offered to pick me up and drop me off at the hospital since it was in his side of the city. From time to time, he’d come and visit with me…not once did I ask him to do that. In fact that’s when he first met my family. He’d even pass by during the day to check on her on his own since he also worked out of that hospital. I pointed that out to him and he just said, “I guess it was just me then. I’m sorry.” He asked if we could see each other again and I agreed because I did miss his friendship very much. Then my dream continued on to the next day where he came to pick me up and came in to say hi to my family. We started going to our usual hang out spots and that’s when I woke up.

I’m still so shocked that I had this dream about him. What’s even crazier is that all this passed weekend, I saw tons of things that reminded me of him…from signs that advertised his line of work to seeing cars that were the same color and model as his etc.

All this has me wondering what brought this on all of a sudden but I don’t have any problems. Usually when someone comes to mind as prominent as he has, it’s because something’s going on with that person and more times than not, it’s something bad. I just hope he’s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP