ShareThis

11/30/10

Ear Candy: The Beast ~ The Freedom Suite

I’ve known about this EP for a few weeks now and I’m not sure what took me so long to post about it. First I want to shout out my friend, Duane Powell because his blog, SoundRotation is where I found The Freedom Suite.


The Beast is a progressive hip hop/jazz quartet out of North Carolina which consists of emcee Pierce Freelon, pianist Eric Hirsh, drummer Stephen Coffman and bassist Peter Kimosh. The Freedom Suite is a joint project with jazz singer Nnena Freelon and is hosted by Grammy Award winning producer, 9th Wonder. The EP is full of features from some of North Carolina’s finest like Yahzarah, Rapsody, Tyler Woods, Kooley High, Phonte, Thee Tom Hardy, Carlitta Durand and Darien Brockington.

Track Listing:

1. Good Evening ft. 9th Wonder
2. Rise Beyond the Sky ft. YahZarah & Rapsody
3. Freedom Part 2 ft. Suede (prod. Apple Juice Kid)
4. Let Go ft. Tyler Woods
5. Once Again ft. Kooley High
6. Get Out of Town ft. Phonte
7. Skylark
8. Love ft. King Mez & Thee Tom Hardy (prod. Apple Juice Kid)
9. No Escape ft. Carlitta Durand & Darien Brockington
10. Strangelove ft. Shirlette Ammons
11. Umi Says
12. Good Night ft. 9th Wonder

If you are a fan of live instrumentation, great singers and rhymes like I am, there is no way you wouldn’t LOVE this EP. I have had The Freedom Suite on steady rotation ever since I found it. The vibe of the whole project is amazing to me and while I love the EP as a whole,
my personal faves are Rise Beyond The Sky, Let Go and No Escape.
To listen/download The Freedom Suite, click the cover art above! Comment and let me know which tracks you love! I'd love to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP