ShareThis

5/2/13

Are There Birthday Parties In Heaven?


You would’ve been 76 today. Do they still keep track of age in heaven? Would you be having a big celebration up there? If you did, I imagine that you’d have Lola and Lolo with you. How nice that you are able to be with your parents again. I’m sure Tita Lit would be there too…knowing her, she probably planned the party!

There hasn’t been a day where I haven’t thought of you. I miss you terribly…it’s still hard but I am handling things better each day. Remember when I used to come to your room when I get home from work or wherever to say hi because you would normally be in bed resting? I still do that from time to time. I like lying on your side of the bed for a few minutes. Somehow it makes me feel closer to you, closer to you then when I go visit you at the cemetery. I try not to be sad cuz I know you wouldn’t want that but it’s hard sometimes. We’re all doing okay though but I’m sure you know that. I know you’re watching over all of us.

Remember ‘Forever Always’?
A long time ago, you noticed I signed your birthday card: Forever Always, Vee. You told me you liked it and you’ve never seen anyone write that before. I explained that it’s from one of our favorite songs, Always & Forever and I just changed it to Forever Always to be different. You smiled, saying “I want to be different too” and from then on you always signed your cards to me that way. To this day, I sign off every card, letter or email to a loved one that way. Who knew it would mean much more to me now then it did before.

I’m not sure what else to say except these few things: I hope you are at peace up there and I look forward to seeing you again. Until then, I hope I make you proud. I miss you and love you so much…forever always.

Happy birthday, Mama xoxoxo


1 comment:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP