ShareThis

11/4/13

Twitter Stories (Catch Up Post #2): ‘Ali Shaheed Muhammad got me doing calisthenics’ – Phife, ATCQ – The Chase Pt. II


My most favorite hip hop group EVER is A Tribe Called Quest. Back in January I was in North Carolina for 9th Wonder’s birthday party (If you want to read about that, click here). There were a number of special guests there that night including Jill Scott, Young Guru & my favorite member of A Tribe Called Quest, Ali Shaheed Muhammad. Meeting him at the end of the night meant EVERYTHING to me. I was also quite proud that I managed to actually speak to him after getting extremely shy when I first went up to him. Lol!

Fast forward to the end of July…I saw that he was tweeting around 2am or so and I sent him a tweet (with a typo too! Ugh! Smh! LOL!). Then this happened:

And yes I noticed the typo! Ugh, I meant to say 'tweeting' not 'tweeted'!
What?? Ali Shaheed Muhammad remembers me? From 6 months ago? I was trippin’! A few weeks after that, it was his birthday so I sent him a bday greeting tweet and he replied to it as well.


This week on Nov 8th, he’s going to be in town for an event and I hope to see him again. I wonder if he’ll remember me in person…hmmm! To be continued! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    You get to see him again?! This time without me?! *crying*

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP