ShareThis

12/28/06

Not Again….

I’ve spoken about this before here. People have their sensitivities and their things that make them conscious. I’ve come a long way in confidence from where I was when I was growing up. I am not a toothpick, probably never will be…nor do I want to and I’m fine with that. I’m comfortable where I’m at with my appearance although there is always room for improvement. Recently a lady who is a friend of the family said something to me that made me feel weird…for lack of a better word. I say weird because I know she didn’t mean it the way I took it but it bothered me nonetheless. I was saying goodbye to her and she hugged me. When we pulled away, somewhat rubbed the side of my stomach and said, “Oh Vee, there’s so much of you to love.”

Mind you, this pales into comparison to what the old lady said to me at work as I mentioned in the link last paragraph. It didn’t piss me off or really upset me like that situation did but it ‘bothered’ me. I don’t know how else to put it. I just smiled at her and left after that. This was a few days ago but it’s been running around in my mind since then and it’s pissing me off that it’s bothering me so much. I wanted to write about this to see if I felt better after…we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP