ShareThis

2/20/07

New Year’s Goal

I don’t do resolutions…basically because I usually don’t follow through. Sometimes I set passive goals; things I want to do as the year goes on. I call them passive because sometimes I do them but if I don’t, I don’t beat myself up over it. Some examples of my passive goals that I’ve met were to work with my self esteem, be more social and less shy. This year I wanted to travel. I hardly ever go anywhere or do anything. Last time I went away was to visit my best friend from high school, Josie, when she lived in Calgary and that was way back in December 2000.

As of now, it looks like I’m following through with this one. In a little less than a week from now, I’m going to Charlotte, North Carolina. It’s only for a few days but it’s a trip nonetheless. This plan is somewhat in the back of my head since November. That was when I was planning my trip to Atlanta to hang out with my friend, Nancy and see Darien perform. It fell through for a reason out of my hands and was thoroughly disappointed. This time, everything is a go! I’ve been booked since the end of January. Nancy and I found out Little Brother and Darien will be performing in Charlotte for a big college basketball tournament (CIAA) on the 1st of March. We thought it would be a perfect opportunity to hang out and see the show. I’m nervous but it’s the good kind of nervous. It’s mostly excitement I think but I don’t think it’ll all sink in until I get to the airport.

This all may not seem like much to people but it’s a big deal for me. It’s like a breakthrough because my personality is far from a ‘go-getter’. Although I am meeting Nancy, this is the first time I’m traveling to a place I do not know by myself. True, I went to Calgary and I didn’t know that city either but Josie did pick me up from the airport and I stayed with her. This time around, Nancy’s still working when I arrive so from the airport and go straight to check into my hotel. I already feel liberated and I haven’t even left yet!

Full report of my trip to follow…I plan to take lots of pictures!

Side note: Because I’m a member of John Legend’s Fan Club, I was eligible to get tickets for his upcoming concert in April! I got 2nd row and I’m SO EXCITED!! I’m extra excited as well because I was told I will have an opportunity to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP